Southwest Rapid Transitway (Stage 2) and Pembina Highway Underpass Project Construction is nearing completion on the Southwest Transitway (Stage 2) and Pembina Highway Underpass Project. The project is in its final season of construction and is on schedule. The remaining construction activities to be complete by October 2019 include:
• New Transitway pavement connecting to the University of Manitoba
• Widening and reconstruction of Pembina Highway Underpass from Jubilee to Stafford
• New Transitway Bridge over Pembina Highway at the existing Underpass,
• New Transitway Overpass at McGillivray Boulevard
• New Park and Ride facilities at the McGillivray and Clarence Stations
• Active Transportation Pathway from Pembina Highway underpass to the University of Manitoba
• New Transitway and Active Transportation Path Bridges over Bishop Grandin.
Seasonal construction activities began in March 2019 and will continue until October 2019. The City will conduct training and testing of the entire facility over the Winter and Spring of 2020 with an anticipated official opening in April of 2020.
While access will be maintained on all major routes and side roads during construction, there will be some road restrictions established to protect the public from unsafe interaction with construction activities and to provide a safe work environment for construction personnel. Pedestrian access will also be maintained, however, normal routes may be altered. For your safety, please respect warning signs and restrictions. Access to the existing Brenda Leipsic Dog Park will continue to be restricted until October 2019. The adjacent temporary dog park will remain in place until the permanent dog park is complete in October 2019.
The City of Winnipeg realizes that ongoing construction work may be disruptive and we will endeavor to complete the work as quickly and efficiently as possible. We thank you for your patience.
Project website: http://www.winnipeg.ca/southwestrapidtransitway